Over the years research has shown that nearly half of web users expect a site to load in 2 seconds or less, and they tend to abandon a site that isn’t loaded within 3 seconds. Website speed is the first impression you ever make and website hosting provider and technology you choose can have a significant effect on your page load times.
What is Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting is a service provided by web hosting companies that allows users to rent out entire dedicated servers. Using dedicated hosting is ideal if you have a growing site or if you already have a high-traffic website and you are seeking a dedicated source of bandwidth.
Dedicated hosting is always preferable over shared as you don’t need to worry about other websites hosted on the same server, sharing the same resources that can slow down your website.
Benefits of Dedicated Hosting:
- Enhanced performance
- Completely customizable
- Better security
Enhanced performance: Dedicated hosting is not shared in any way with other users. All the hardware and software resources on the server are dedicated to your account only which maximise your overall site performance.
Completely customizable: Shared hosting force every user to share their hosting space under the same common operating system and web server, whereas dedicated hosting does not have this restriction and is fully customizable. You can add your preferred programs, applications, and scripts whenever you want. This full customization potential makes dedicated hosting the best choice over shared hosting.
Better security: Dedicated hosting provides better security over shared hosting as their resources are dedicated to your account only, hence there are very less chances of acquiring viruses, malware and spyware.
To provide blazing speed and tougher security to my client’s WordPress sites, I always use and recommend SiteGround.
Requires:3.5 or higher
Compatible up to:5.3.2
Released:26 August 2014
Last Updated:23 January 2020
- 1. Upload the ‘wp-performance-score-booster’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/‘ directory
- 2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- 3. That’s it!
What does this plugin do?
Any specific requirements for this plugin to work?
– GZIP compression should be enabled in your web-server (apache?). If not then you can ask your web hosting provider.
– .htaccess in your WordPress root folder must have write permissions.
Is that it?
Pretty much, yeah.
ReadyBoost can speed up your windows based computer by using storage space on most USB flash drives and flash memory cards.
How to turn ReadyBoost On or Off?
- Plug a flash drive or flash memory card into your computer.
- In the Autoplay dialog box, under General options, click Speed up my system.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the ReadyBoost tab, and then do one of the following:
- To turn ReadyBoost off, click Do not use this device.
- To use the maximum available space on the flash drive or memory card for ReadyBoost, click Dedicate this device to ReadyBoost. Windows will leave any files already stored on the device, but it’ll use the rest to boost your system speed.
- To use less than the maximum available space on the device for ReadyBoost, click Use this device, and then move the slider to choose the amount of available space on the device you want to use.
- Click OK.
[Original article by Microsoft at: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-ReadyBoost-on-or-off-for-a-storage-device]